Any activity carried out on road reserve must be notified to WestLink, as agent for Western Bay of Plenty District Council and the NZ Transport Agency. WestLink will arrange approval of the activity or negotiate changes with the applicant if required. All work in the road corridor will also require that an approved Traffic Management Plan be submitted for acceptance prior to any activity starting.

WBoPDC Local Road Corridor Access Requests (CARS)  
Western Bay of Plenty District Council use the Submitica service for ALL local road Corridor Access Requests. This includes:

- Utilities Works e.g. power, water, gas, telephone
- Non-Utilities Works e.g. events, tree removal, development work

WBoPDC and WestLink BOP request that all people who seek Corridor Access to Council road reserve make their requests via .The website contains useful information regarding types of submissions and training videos. See the guidelines for information to be included with submission of CARs.

Applications for activities on Local Roads may incur a cost of $51.00 to $250.00 depending on the complexity of the work involved. These costs are detailed on the Fees and Charges page on WBoPDC website.

Download the Guidelines

NZ Transport Agency State Highway Corridor Access
Please go to, the website for obtaining service locations and plans and seeking Corridor Access on NZ Transport Agency State Highways.

Traffic Management
All standalone TMPs (i.e. generic TMPs) and traffic management queries need to be submitted via email direct to WestLink BOP at